Taming Chaos in the Kitchen
The Well-Ordered Kitchen Planner could not come at a better time of year–’tis the season for spring cleaning. My kitchen and pantry could use a serious overhaul.
Our pantry is still the dumping ground for random ‘things’ without a ‘home.’ Half empty paint cans, two crock pots, and a million dollars. Ok, maybe not….
Pulling my hair out trying to decide what to eat for dinner is a common occurrence in our household. Almost daily trips to the grocery store result frequently in buying main staples that lay forgotten in my chaotic kitchen. Sending out a culinary S.O.S.!
To the Rescue
Caroline and Sean Allen’s kitchen, recipe, and meal planning tool will reign in the chaos brewing in your kitchen. Some of the features I love include:
- Cheerful, colorful printables. Laminate, hole punch, and store on a binder ring for convenient and easy access. These adorable printables (designed like a mason jar) include ingredient substitutions, metric conversions, measuring equivalents, half measurement conversions (handy for when you want to ‘half’ a recipe!). If you purchase the deluxe version, you can also print recipe cards, labels, and more.
- Monthly/Weekly Menu Planning Pages. Stating the obvious, but just in case you were wondering….
- Cooking with herbs shows you which herbs pair best with which types of food. Organized by food category, ranging from appetizers & salads to fish & shellfish.
- Grocery store list. Prompts for commonly purchased ingredients, plus blank space to customize your list. I also love the pantry and freezer inventory lists. How many times have you purchased food only to realize you already have a ton of it in your freezer??
- Recipes and a Recipe List. Delicious meal ideas and easy to follow recipes. Mexican lasagna is sure to be a hit in my house! Use the Recipe List to track recipes you’ve tested. Make notes on how well they were received (and how to tweak them)!
- Kitchen chore checklist. The perfect tool for assigning age-appropriate tasks to children (or share the love with your spouse!)
- Hospitality Planner. Take the stress out of hosting dinner guests. I wish I had this when we lived in the Washington, DC metro region and provided home hospitality for the State Department’s International Visitor Leadership Program!
[Note to Self: The Hospitality Planner is a great motivational tool to finish unpacking from our move from Maryland to Pennsylvania and start setting up a new Airbnb listing!]
So, what are you waiting for? Sign up today for your deluxe version of The Well-Ordered Kitchen Planner! It would make an excellent gift for Mother’s or Father’s Day, hint, hint! Or tame the chaos in your kitchen.
Disclosures: I reviewed a preview copy. This site contains affiliate links. I receive a small commission for sales which doesn’t affect the price that you pay, but supports my blog. I only promote products that I stand behind.