We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Guest post by Jennifer McGregor reflecting on how to reduce stress and improve your well-being.
To live long, happy, and healthy lives, many of us are familiar with the things we should and shouldn’t do each day — such as eating more fruits and vegetables, avoiding cigarette smoke, and increasing the amount of physical activity we engage in. However, stress management is just as important to quality of life and life expectancy — and it’s important to keep our stress levels in check for optimal health and well-being. There’s a strong link between the mind and body, and managing the amount of stress in our lives could lead to improved physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
Fortunately, we don’t have to spend a fortune on stress relievers and relaxation techniques to reap the many benefits of stress management. To explore some of the affordable health strategies that can be practiced daily for less stress and improved well-being, read on!
Move Your Body
To alleviate stress, boost happiness, and reduce your risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and other common ailments, it’s important to obtain plenty of physical activity—as regular exercise has been shown to improve physical, mental, and emotional health. To reap these benefits, however, the type and amount of physical activity you need varies depending on your age. Oprah.com recommends the following exercises to women in their 30s, 40s, and 50s:
- Women in their 30s: Four one-hour circuit training sessions each week, plus 45- to- 60 minutes of high-intensity cardio.
- Women in their 40s: Three hours of full-body weight training each week, plus five 45-minute cardio sessions.
- Women in their 50s: 20- to- 40 minutes of cardio, four- to- six times per week. Two 30-minute weight training sessions are also recommended.
When you’re ready to get in shape and boost your overall health and wellness, you may wish to purchase new workout gear that motivates you to reach your weekly fitness goals. However, there are some things you can do to save on these purchases. If you’re on a budget but would like to buy clothing from brands such as Nike or Lululemon, you’ll save on your purchases if you look for cashback offers, online promo codes, and coupons before placing your order. When you shop online at Lululemon, for instance, you can save money and earn cash back on everything from supportive yoga gear to tank tops, pants, hoodies, and sports bras.
Get Restful Sleep
In addition to exercise, restful sleep is vital to your physical, mental, and emotional health. According to the American Psychological Association (APA), poor sleep habits may impair your judgment, memory, and mood, increase your risk of obesity and high blood pressure, and lead to chronic stress. When you’re already feeling stressed and overwhelmed with life, however, you may find it hard to fall asleep in the evening and obtain a full night’s rest. And over time, sleep deprivation will only lead to more stress and irritability — and other physical, mental, and emotional concerns.
To fall asleep more easily and sleep better throughout the night, try incorporating these budget-friendly strategies into your bedtime routine:
- Use cannabidiol (CBD) products. To alleviate symptoms of stress, anxiety, and
insomnia, many individuals have benefited from using CBD oils about an hour or so before bedtime. When purchasing a cannabidiol product for insomnia relief and restful sleep, pay close attention to customer reviews, product costs, ingredients, and potency.
● Listen to calming music. To help you relax and de-stress before bedtime, try listening to calming music as you unwind from the day.
● Meditate to calm your mind. To sleep better at night and experience other health benefits like reduced stress levels, improved concentration, and relief from anxiety and depression, try meditating before bedtime. Many free online audio recordings are available to help you clear your mind for a restful night’s sleep.
● Read All Things Relax. When it comes to tips and products that soothe you, this blog has it all!
Manage Stress for Improved Health and Well-Being
As you can see, stress management is vital to good health and well-being. By moving your body on a regular basis and making sure you’re getting enough sleep at night, you’ll keep your stress levels in check while boosting your physical, mental, and emotional health at the same time.
Editor’s Note: I recommend the following self-care products from our online boutique to support relaxation and stress-relief: