We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
A few days after Christmas, I finally ventured back into the grocery store. I try to avoid places like Wegman’s, Target, and the likes during the holidays because I am not a big fan of crowds. Not necessarily because I don’t like people, but I just don’t have the patience to shop. Well, I was rather surprised to see Valentine’s Day candy before New Year’s had even arrived! Now that we have rung in the New Year and Valentine’s Day is a little closer, I’d like to share with you a recipe for essential oil-infused cookies that your sweetie pie will love! Or if you are currently not attached, perhaps you can share with your coworkers?
The essential oils used in this recipe are from Young Living’s Vitality Line, a special label that is FDA-approved and indicates that these oils are GRAS or generally recognized as safe. I’d love to hear how these turn out for you in the comments below, or post a photo on my Facebook page.
Prep Time: 1 hour, 25 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 33 minutes
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups organic evaporated cane juice crystals
1-3 drops Cinnamon Bark Vitality essential oil or Ginger Vitality essential oil
3 cups sifted Einkorn Flour (or whichever flour you use for cookies)
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon milk of your choice
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Cream the butter and cane juice crystals together until light and fluffy.
- Blend in eggs and essential oil. Beat well.
- Sift together the Einkorn Flour (available from Young Living) or whichever flour you use for cookies and baking powder. Add to the creamed mixture. Add the milk and vanilla. Mix well. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours.
- Grease baking sheet and preheat oven to 400º Fahrenheit.
- Roll dough 1/4-inch thick and cut with heart-shaped cookie cutter dipped in flour.
- Place on greased baking sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes.
Where to Go for More Essential Oils Education?
My introduction to essential oils started in 2003 after my younger son was born in Japan. After a hiatus, I reconnected with oils in 2015 when I was stressed out to the point of having panic attacks on the Washington, DC metro platform. You can read more about my story here.
If you are not on Facebook, but would like access to high-quality essential oils education, please see The Oil Cooperative.
I am here to answer your essential oils (and products) questions, so please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!