We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
As you may have guessed (or maybe not), I have been a francophile (love all things French) since I was a child. My best friend’s mom was French, so I naturally gravitated towards learning French as a second language in middle school. The rest is history (I’ll save it for another blog post, lol). ‘Tis the season for the gift guide, so I bring to you my suggestions for gifts for the francophile–beyond the usual Eiffel tower motif!
Je vous souhaite tous ‘Joyeuses Fêtes’ (I wish everyone happy holidays)!
I could have easily expanded this list to include over 100 items. But, let’s face it — that would be a lot of scrolling on your mobile device!
Eventually I’ll add to this list, but for now, I will ‘K.I.S.S.’ (Keep It Simple, Sandi). Yeah, I know what the acronym is really supposed to say, but my friends, I am trying to embrace a more positive mindset as part of my overall wellness journey!
- Magnetic Poetry – French Kit. I haven’t tried this out yet, but this could be lots of fun for not only the fluent French speaker, but also for those who are learning the language.
- Indochine’s ’13’ (music CD, also available as MP3).
- Hiroshima Mon Amour (Alain Renais’ classic movie will please francophiles and japonaphiles alike)
- Le Petit Prince (classic book that adults and children will both appreciate!)
- Madeleines (French tea cakes) or if you prefer to bake them yourself, check out these Madeleine pans and recipes